Fire Department Functions In Local Area
Click on Pictures For Larger Image
(Thank You To The Iron County Reporter For The Awesome Pictures)
- Fire Prevention- The fire department each year goes to the West Iron County School to teach the students ways to be fire safe, what to do in case of a fire and to meet the fireman.
- Mock Accident- (Click here to view)Gives the students a chance a chance to learn about the dangers that can come from texting and driving and drinking and driving, it also gives the local fire depts. a chance to practice there mutual aid with Hands on Training.
- Halloween Party- The Dept. each year puts on a halloween party were children can come, play games and get candy.
- Auxiliary Christmas party- Gives children a chance to come and tell Santa what they want for Christmas and receive candy.
Functions In Community
Santa Visit Caspian/Gaastra
Santa gets a fire truck ride to the residents of Caspian And Gaaastra with help From his firefighter Freinds.
- Memorial day-The fire dept puts on a memorial service each year in front of the fire hall at the memorial for all of the past fireman who have passed away and to remember what they have done for us. The fire dept then goes to the Stambaugh cemetary to stand Honor Gard for the fire man who have passed away and to also remember them. (Pictures on Bottom of photos page from Memorial Day 2014 which include dedication of the fire hall to the family of Archie Carlotto.
4th Of July
- 4th of July & Rodeo parades-The fire dept each year participates in each parade giving full supprt to both.
- Training-The fire dept. does lots of in house training year round to keep them ready, the dept. also does lots of traing with the local fire depts to keep them ready in case of mutual aid
- Poker Tournament-The fire Dept. does several poker tournaments each year to help raise funds for updating the equitment.
- Raffles-The fire dept. each year also does different types of raffles in including a gun raffle this year which Bob Galup Won. We also do some cash raffles. All proceeds go to the equipment fund